At least 50 people have been killed in a suspected suicide blast during wedding celebrations in southern Turkey, the local governor's office has said. Natasha Howitt reports.
At least 50 people were killed here in the southern Turkish city of Gaziantep in a suspected suicide blast late on Saturday night. It is the deadliest attack in Turkey this year - crowds of people from a wedding party were dancing in the streets when the blast hit. President Tayyip Erdogan says Islamic State is probably behind it. Local residents are in shock... (SOUNDBITE) (Turkish) GAZIANTEP CITIZEN, EYEWITNESS, IBRAHIM OZDEMIR, SAYING: "Our friends and neighbours were there. We are sad and in pain. The attack was an atrocity. We want to end these massacres. We are in pain, especially the women and children." Turkey's Health Minister and Deputy Prime Minister visit one of the hospitals where the wounded are being treated. Turkey's government faces multiple security threats. There have been a string of deadly attacks in the country this year, including one in June at Istanbul's main airport. Forty-four people were killed in that attack by three Islamic State suicide bombers. Tensions have been fuelled further by last month's failed coup attempt.