Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan says the militant Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) is responsible for a car bomb attack on a bus in the central city of Kayseri that killed 13 people and wounded 55 more, almost all of them soldiers. Scarlett Cvitanovich reports.
The charred remains of a bus on a busy Turkish street. A car bomb killing 13 off-duty soliders onboard. The blast in the central city of Kayseri on Saturday (December 17). Emergency services whisking more than 50 wounded to local hospitals. Civilans also caught up in the explosion. Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan says the militant Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) is responsible. Seven people detained for Saturday's blast. Authorities searching for another five. It comes just a week after a deadly twin bombing targeting police in Istanbul. That attack later claimed by an offshoot of the PKK. Turkey's deputy Prime Minisiter telling broadcaster NTV the materials used on Saturday, were similiar to those in last week's attack. It's likely to further outrage a public angered by a series of attacks this year - several claimed by Kurdish militants, others by Islamic State.